Are you buying a mobile home in Lafayette this holiday season? It can be a wonderful time to find your perfect home. Don’t let the bustle of the holiday season dissuade you from finding a mobile home you love. We have put together some great tips for buying a mobile home in Lafayette during the holidays, so you can find your dream mobile home, no matter what time of year!
Many people might be thinking about a new mobile home, but find themselves waiting until warmer spring conditions arrive before they actively start searching. Because of this, the winter months can actually be the perfect time to search for your new mobile home.
Buying a Mobile Home in Lafayette During the Holidays? Here’s What You Need to Know
Less Market Activity
Real Estate sales slow down during winter. Fewer people are uprooting this time of year. Some want to avoid moving during the cold, shorter days, while others don’t want to disrupt the school year. This can have many benefits for you.
- You will likely see less competition from fellow buyers. Sellers will have fewer offers to choose from, which will hopefully put your offer at the top of the list.
- Oftentimes, interest rates are lower during winter months. With less activity, lenders are forced to compete by lowering their rates.
- With fewer closings taking place, lenders and title companies are able to process the transaction more quickly.
If a person has their mobile home listed during the holidays, they will likely appreciate a closing before the end of the year for tax purposes. In this case, waiting until the last minute to put in your offer can actually work in your favor. A seller might be more willing to work with you if you are able to close by year-end. Investors might be more willing to part with unwanted inventory toward the end of the year.
People who are attempting to sell during the holiday season are often more motivated. People selling at this time of year usually have a reason why they need to move right away. Maybe they need to sell by year-end or move over winter break. Some might be relocating due to work, or needing to move within a specific timeframe. If you can find a motivated seller, you will likely be better able to negotiate the price.
You See The Mobile Home In The Worst Conditions
Imagine buying a mobile home in the summer, only to find it turns into an ice box during the winter months. It might be poorly insulated, or have a leaky roof. Seeing the property during the cold winter months can actually work to your advantage.
You might discover things that are often overlooked during an inspection performed in the summer. Check the mobile home thoroughly for any heating issues or drafts. Are the windows and doors properly sealed? How much will heating the home ultimately cost you?
Things to Consider…
- If possible, ask to see a photo of the mobile home during the summer months. The yard might look entirely different at other times of the year.
- Enquire about utility costs year-round. Electric, gas, and water bills can differ dramatically depending on the season.
- Make sure that no matter what the weather is like, the mobile home receives a proper inspection. If the weather is so bad that the inspector can’t get up on the roof, you might want to consider rescheduling for a more favorable day.
- If you are viewing a mobile home on a wet or snowy day, be considerate of the property owner! Leave your muddy boots at the door! 🙂
Are you buying a mobile home in Lafayette during the holidays? We would love to work with you any time of year! Send us a message or give our team a call now! 337-508-0795
- Are you worried about repossession?
- Does the property need more repairs than you can make?
- Did you inherit a mobile home you don’t want?
- Are you tired of expensive lot fees?
- Are there bad tenants you can’t get rid of?
- Do you own a mobile home that is sitting vacant?
- Do you have liens on the property?
- Do you need to sell your mobile home fast?
Or if your mobile home needs to be moved. Get a free quote now.
Help Me Find A Mobile Home For SaleAll answers are kept confidential. Please use correct contact info because this is how we alert you to used mobiles that become available in your local area. We look forward to contacting you with a property soon. We GRADE applicants on honesty. Please fill out the form below.
Where We Buy near Lake Charles, LA
Return phone calls and close on time.
INTEGRITY: We do what we say we will do. No surprises at closing!
SPEED AND CONVENIENCE: If you need to sell quickly and are willing to take a reduced price for speed and convenience…WE CAN HELP YOU! If you want the total retail value of your home and can wait to sell it…a better option is to get a realtor. Our specialty is speed and a hassle-free buying process!
We get things done! Our team is proactive, anticipating and solving problems.
Place a high premium on transparency and accountability.
RELATIONSHIPS: We value long-term and mutually beneficial relationships with mobile homeowners looking to sell, ancillary service providers, park owners, contractors, and REALTORS®.
COMMUNICATION: We speak respectfully, openly, honestly, and promptly.
PROFESSIONALISM: Our team is focused on our responsibilities to serve homeowners looking to sell professionally.